We are based in the very center of the North East side of the Italian corn belt. Such area is characterized by a wide soil and climate variability, because within 40 km you can go from the seaside to the mountains.
We grow our corn between Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia, two regions that are surrounding our operations:
- Such area is characterized by a wide soil and climate variability, because within 40 km you can go from the seaside to the mountains. Practically, some of the corn is grown in front of the beach, and some other can enjoy the cool breeze from the mountains.
- Such variability creates relevant opportunities to differentiate the corn quality.
- Through the years we selected specific hybrids particularly fit to the different applications requested by our customers.
- We currently produce yellow corn of different hardness and color and also white corn.
Each flour requires its own corn quality. We identify the farmland differentiation for corn quality: vitreousness, color, kernel size, processing performance both in the milling process and in the finished products process; mycotoxins contents.
The main drivers to obtain the corn quality we have targeted are:
- Corn hybrids.
- Agricultural practices.
- Drying and storing process.
Our Identity Preserved Corn Production and Isolation Program (IP) has been in place since 2000.
The purpose of such program is the production of a "premium quality maize" at local farms under NDF supervision.
This farming network is today considered an excellence in Europe for the application of the most advanced best practices in corn growing.
IP Program provides:
- Full traceability "from farm to fork".
- Selection and segregation of the best corn hybrids for special production needs.